Locust Grove derived its name from a beautiful grove of locust trees that could be seen throughout the town. This tranquil Henry County community is a place for combining tradition with change.
In the past, Locust Grove served as a major rail distribution center for cotton, peaches, and other farm products. The city boasted three cotton gins and several warehouses. Then, in 1870, residents saw the first store open on Main Street.