During the year, state employees observe 12 holidays.
State offices will be closed for the following holidays during 2014:
- New Year's Day - Wednesday, January 1
- Robert E. Lee's Birthday - January 19 (To be observed on Friday, November 28)
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday - Monday, January 20
- Washington's Birthday - February 17 (To be observed on Friday, December 26)
- Confederate Memorial Day - April 26 (To be observed on Monday, April 28)
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 26
- Independence Day - Friday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, September 1
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 13
- Veterans Day - Tuesday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 27
- Christmas Day - Thursday, December 25
Updated: July 3, 2013. This information was prepared as a public service of the State of Georgia to provide general information, not to advise on any specific legal problem. It is not, and cannot be construed to be, legal advice.