During the year, state employees observe 12 holidays.
What You Should Know:
State offices will be closed for the following holidays during 2016:
- New Year's Day - Friday, January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday - Monday, January 18
- State Holiday - April 26 (To be observed on Monday, April 25)
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 30
- Independence Day - Monday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, September 5
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 10
- Veterans Day - Friday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 24
- State Holiday - January 19 (To be observed on Friday, November 25)
- Christmas Day - December 25 (To be observed on Monday, December 26)
- Washington's Birthday - February 15 (To be observed on Tuesday, December 27)
Updated: January 29, 2016. This information was prepared as a public service of the State of Georgia to provide general information, not to advise on any specific legal problem. It is not, and cannot be construed to be, legal advice.