During the year, state employees observe 12 holidays.
State offices will be closed for the following holidays during 2013:
- New Year's Day - Tuesday, January 1
- Robert E. Lee's Birthday - January 19 (To be observed on Friday, November 29)
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday - Monday, January 21
- Washington's Birthday - February 18 (To be observed on Tuesday, December 24)
- Confederate Memorial Day - Monday, April 22
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 27
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4
- Labor Day - Monday, September 2
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 14
- Veterans Day - Monday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 28
- Christmas Day - Wednesday, December 25
Updated: September 18, 2012. This information was prepared as a public service of the State of Georgia to provide general information, not to advise on any specific legal problem. It is not, and cannot be construed to be, legal advice.