During the year, state employees observe 12 holidays.
What You Should Know:
State offices will be closed for the following holidays during 2016:
- Friday, Jan. 1 — New Year's Day
- Monday, Jan. 18 — Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday
- Monday, April 25 — State Holiday (originally on April 26)
- Monday, May 30 — Memorial Day
- Monday, July 4 — Independence Day
- Monday, Sept. 5 — Labor Day
- Monday, Oct. 10 — Columbus Day
- Friday, Nov. 11 — Veterans Day
- Thursday, Nov. 24 — Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, Nov. 25 — State Holiday (originally on Jan. 19)
- Monday, Dec. 26 — Christmas Day (traditionally on Dec. 25)
- Tuesday, Dec. 27 — Washington's Birthday (originally on February 15)
Updated: January 29, 2016. This information was prepared as a public service of the State of Georgia to provide general information, not to advise on any specific legal problem. It is not, and cannot be construed to be, legal advice.