The Georgia Higher Education Savings Plan, or Path2College 529 Plan, gives families the opportunity to start saving now for their child’s future college expenses.
- Get an idea of what college education may cost. Use Path2College 529 Plan's calculator to help you.
- Set Your Goals and Start Saving - Whether your child or loved one is an infant or teen, the sooner you get started, the better chance you have of reaching your goal. Right now is a good time to start.
- Georgia has one of the nation's lowest cost 529 plans.
- There are many tax advantages.
- Withdrawals for qualified school expenses are federal and Georgia income tax-free.
- You can open a plan with as little as $25.
- Payroll deduction for the Path2College 529 Plan is a convenient and flexible method to contribute to your existing Path2College 529 Plan account.
No. The money in your account may be used at any eligible educational institution. This includes public and private colleges and universities, graduate and post-graduate schools, community colleges, and certain proprietary and vocational schools.
Any individual with a Social Security Number or federal Taxpayer Identification Number who is a U.S. citizen or resident alien can open an account and contribute to the Path2College 529 Plan on behalf of any beneficiary.
The Path2College 529 Plan offers you a choice of seven Investment Options. These options vary in their investment strategy and degree of risk, allowing you to select an option or combination of options that may fit your needs. To see the list of Investment Options, brief descriptions and associated fees and expenses, visit Investment Options.
This information was prepared as a public service of the State of Georgia to provide general information, not to advise on any specific legal problem. It is not, and cannot be construed to be, legal advice.