Paying Child Support

The idea of paying child support can be daunting at first glance. It can seem like there are mountains of forms to fill out and millions of boxes to be checked, but in reality, it’s now easier more than ever to pay child support in Georgia. Let’s take a look at a few ways to make this process quick and painless for you:

Pay online with a credit card

You now have the option to pay with a Visa or Mastercard credit card online at the Department of Human Services Division of Child Support Services family support system payment website. You select the option of either a non-custodial parent or a custodial parent, fill out your information and voila! You’re done!

Pay through automated account withdrawal

If you’d rather set up your child support payments to be automatically taken from your bank account, you can do that too! All you have to do is create an account on the Family Support website and then enter your bank account information along with the amount you’d like withdrawn every month. For answers to some commonly asked questions about this method of paying child support, check out their FAQ page.

Submitting payments through the mail

If you’d like to use traditional mail, it’s important that you follow the payment instructions you’ve gotten from any Child Support Services office or what you were told in your privately received court order. They should explain where to send payments for your specific situation. Otherwise, here are the 3 options you have to send your payments:

Non-Custodial Parent
Family Support Registry
P.O. Box 1600
Carrollton, GA 30112-1600

Employer or Private Attorney
Family Support Registry
P.O. Box 1800
Carrollton, GA 30112-1800

Out of State Child Support Agency
Family Support Registry
P.O. Box 1700
Carrolton, GA 30112-1700

Be sure to check out DCSS’s website to learn about the various fees associated with paying your support bill every month.

There you go! Three different options for submitting your payment every month. To speak with an agent or find out about remaining balances on your account, call 1-844-MYGADHS (1-844-694-2347).


About the Author

A Georgia native, Rachael Wheeler works as a Blogger for GeorgiaGov. She writes about a variety of current topics relevant to the Georgia government.

Tagged as: