Due dates for corporate tax returns
Corporate income tax and net worth tax returns (Form 600S) are due on or before the 15th day of the 3rd month.
Corporate income and net worth tax returns (Form 600) must be filed on or before the 15th day of the 4th month.
Due dates for partnership returns
Partnership returns are due on or before the 15th day of the 3rd month following the close of the taxable year.
How Do I File a Small Business Tax Return?
Find Out If You're Required To File
The following businesses must file an income tax return with the state of Georgia:
- Corporations, partnerships, or LLCs that do business or own property in Georgia or receive income from Georgia sources
- Any partnership or LLC that is treated as a partnership, with partners or members who reside in Georgia
Determine Your Due Date
Due dates for filing returns vary depending on your business structure, the type of tax return, and other factors.Due Dates for Filing Small Business Taxes
Gather What You'll Need
- Your federal business income tax return, as it will contain a lot of the information you’ll need to file your state return
- Legal name, location, and mailing address of your business
- Name and address of owners, partners, or officers
- Social Security Number(s) of owners, partners, or officers
- The following tax-specific ID numbers, as applicable:
- Federal Tax Account Number
- Georgia Tax Account Number
- Employer ID Number (EIN)
- Sales and Use Tax Number and, as applicable, the following associated account numbers:
- State hotel-motel fee account
- Fireworks excise tax account
- Prepaid wireless 911 charge account
- Non-prepaid 911 charge account
- Withholding Payroll Number
- International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) Number
- Motor Fuel Distributor Number
- Alcohol License Number
- Tobacco License Number
- Georgia Lottery Registration Number
- All required state tax forms and any associated documents, support materials, etc. The forms you’ll need to file are based on the type of state taxes you’re required to pay. You can find all the required forms on the Georgia DOR website.
File Your Return
You can file your business income tax return electronically (through a tax vendor or directly with DOR), on paper, or hire someone to file your taxes for you. It is easiest to file your state taxes using the same method you used to file your federal taxes.Ways To File Your Small Business Tax Return