This page may not reflect temporary changes in response to COVID-19.
Many state organizations have made temporary changes to their operations. To see how the coronavirus affects state services, visit our COVID-19 response section.
How Do I Apply for My Georgia Driver's License?
- Schedule a Road Test Appointment in advance.
- Be prepared to have your photo taken by the Department of Driver Services (DDS).
Gather What You'll Need
- $32 fee, paid for in cash or by credit card (Check fees and terms for more information.)
- Original documentation showing your identity, residential address, Social Security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Photocopies will not be accepted. (Refer to Secure ID for more information.)
- Applicants new to Georgia must surrender any out-of-state driver's license, permit, or ID card.
Apply and Test
- Fill out the application form. (This information will remain on file for 30 days. After that, you will need to submit your information again.)
- Visit your local DDS Customer Service Center (CSC).
- Take and pass your Knowledge Exam.
- Take and pass your Vision Exam.
- Take and pass your Road Skills Test.
- If you pass your tests, you will have your photo taken and receive your license.