- Visit www.gateway.ga.gov. Select Apply for Benefits to begin.
- Select Medical Assistance as a program.
- Follow the online prompts to apply for Medicaid.
Apply by phone
- You can apply by phone by calling 877-423-4746.
- After your call, you may need to provide additional information or documentation.
Apply in person
- You can apply in person through your county Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) office.
- Be sure to bring all required documentation for your visit.
Apply by mail
- You can apply by mail by calling 877-423-4746 and requesting to have forms mailed to you.
- Complete all forms mailed to you as directed and mail back to the Division of Family and Children Services.
- You may need to provide additional information or documentation.
Medicaid provides access to free and low-cost medical care.
State residents eligible for Medicaid support (sometimes referred to as Medical Assistance) include pregnant women, children, retirees age 65 and older, and people who are legally blind or disabled. Those who need nursing home care or who have breast or cervical cancer may also qualify.
Medicaid has several programs that can help you or your family.