- Visit the Secretary of State’s online services page.
- Create a user account.
- Select “name reservation”.
- Fill out your personal information and three desired names, in order of preference.
- Pay the $25 filing fee by approved credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
Processing Time: 7 business days, unless the name reservation request is expedited for an additional cost.
Request by mail
- Download and fill out a name reservation request form.
- Mail the completed form and $35 check or money order to:
Office of Secretary of State
Corporations Division, Name Reservation Request
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. SE
Suite 313 West Tower
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Processing Time: 15 business days, unless the name reservation request is expedited for an additional cost.
You can reserve a business name while you’re in the process of making your business official.
This is a handy option if you already have a business name in mind but you’re not yet ready to register with the Georgia Secretary of State.