File taxes electronically through a tax vendor
- You can file your taxes electronically using a tax software vendor approved by the State of Georgia.
- Verify that all your information is correct before submitting.
- You will likely be charged a fee to file your taxes through a tax vendor. Depending on your situation, you may qualify to file your state income taxes for free.
File taxes electronically, directly with DOR
File taxes using paper forms
- Filing electronically is the fastest method to file and receive a refund, if you are owed one. However, you can file using paper forms.
- Fill out and submit a paper Form 500 Individual Income Tax Return. Mailing address for state individual income tax forms.
- Follow all instructions to complete the form and be sure to verify that all your information is correct before submitting.
Hire a professional to file your taxes for you
- Find a certified tax preparer near you. Be sure to verify that your tax professional has proper credentials in the State of Georgia.
- Provide your tax preparer with all the necessary information and documents.