Pay electronically directly with DOR
- Use the Georgia Tax Center (GTC), the DOR’s secure electronic self-service portal, to manage and pay your estimated tax.
- If you’re not yet registered with the GTC, simply follow the instructions GTC provides to create an account.
- Fill out and submit any required forms.
- Follow all instructions to complete the forms and be sure to verify that all your information is correct before submitting.
- Pay your estimated tax via one of the payment options provided.
Pay by mail or in person
- Paying your estimated tax electronically is the fastest method. However, you can pay by mail or in person using an estimated tax payment voucher.
- If you do not already have a voucher, create one using the 500-ES Individual and Fiduciary Estimated Tax Payment Voucher form.
- Follow all instructions on the form and be sure to verify that all your information is correct before submitting.
- To pay by mail, follow the instructions provided in the form.
- To pay in person, you will need to schedule an appointment with the DOR.
Pay Estimated Tax
Certain individuals are required to pay estimated tax.
You must pay state taxes as you earn or receive income during the year. If you are self-employed or you receive other income that’s not subject to withholding (e.g., interest, dividends, alimony, capital gains, and prizes), then you most likely need to make estimated tax payments.