Dismiss alert

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) public health emergency

For more information about COVID-19 in Georgia, please visit our resource page or call the Georgia COVID-19 hotline at 844-442-2681.

Where's My Refund?

You get a tax refund when you pay more taxes than you owe.

An income tax return refund is the result of too much tax withholding (estimated tax payments) by a taxpayer throughout a tax year.

Tax refund processing times vary and depend on the accuracy of the original return, but you'll get your refund more quickly if you file your return electronically.

You can check the status of your tax refund using the Georgia Tax Center. You’ll need:

  • Social security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
  • The expected amount of the refund
  • Tax year

Related to: 

Get started

Check the status of your tax refund by using the Georgia Tax Center.

Department of Revenue: Office


1800 Century Boulevard, NE
Atlanta, GA 30345
United States

Related News

This information was prepared as a public service of the State of Georgia to provide general information, not to advise on any specific legal problem. It is not, and cannot be construed to be, legal advice. If you have questions regarding any matter contained on this page, please contact the related agency.