- Visit the DNR Vessel Registration and Renewal portal
- Log in or create a new account
- Complete your registration or renewal application
- Temporary registration starts when application is approved
- Call DNR at 1-800-366-2661
- Complete your boat registration or renewal application
- Credit or debit card must be used for payment via phone
- You will receive a temporary authorization number after your application is approved
Mail a completed registration or renewal application with payment to:
Georgia Department of Natural Resources
P.O. Box 934943
Atlanta, GA 31193-4943
Make checks or money orders payable to GEORGIA DNR. Cash is not accepted for payments.
A copy of your application and payment is your proof of temporary registration until you receive your official registration card and boat decal in the mail.
Boat owners get temporary registration in Georgia while waiting for an approval decal in the mail.
Temporary boat registration status takes place immediately after your registration or renewal application is approved by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. Your temporary boat registration remains active for 60 days while you are waiting for a new registration card and decal to arrive.